As part of World Elder Abuse Day (15th June), Seniors Rights Victoria (SRV), a key program of Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria, will host their annual event, ‘Stir A Cuppa with Seniors,’ highlighting the critical role of grandparents in families.
Tag Archives: free
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day – Warrnambool
Guest speakers from Warrnambool Police and the Victims Assistance Program.
Join us for afternoon tea and the launch of the Warm Safe Home community art project.
For more information, contact Elder Abuse Prevention Project Worker, Becky Nevin Burger on 0408879117 or email@example.com.
Elder Abuse Awareness Forum Ararat
Featuring special guests
- Gerard Mansour: Commissioner for Senior Victorians
- Kathy Day: General Manager- People & Community Support Grampians Community Health
- Plus expert panel discussion.
RSVP by Tuesday 11th June with any special dietary requirements to:
(03) 5338 4518 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Communities working together in the prevention of Elder Abuse
It is our hope to raise awareness and have a dialogue concerning Elder Abuse, in commemoration of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD). Our aim is that we as a community group be a catalyst for change and prevention of abuse to our older Australians.
The workshop will presented by Maria Berry, Health Consumer Representative and Founder of Communities of Respect .
Points of interactive discussion will include:
- Ageism -what does it look like, is it in our communities?
- Are we valuing & respecting our older community members?
- Elder Abuse in regional Australia
- Support networks in North East Victoria
- What are people doing now? What can we do, better together?
Older Persons Advocacy Network Educator, Maree Montgomery will be joining in on the day talking about Elder Abuse.
Please join us for morning tea, a great opportunity to reflect on WEAAD. RSVP via Eventbrite.
Planning Ahead – Library at the Dock
Light refreshments will be provided.
‘Planning Ahead’ is a simple session about how to appoint an Enduring Power of Attorney who – if need be – can make decisions on your behalf.
No bookings required.
Seniors Rights Victoria talk – Protecting Your Rights
No RSVP required.
Seniors Rights Victoria Talk – Planning Ahead
Light refreshments will be provided. No RSVP required.
R E S P E C T – Find out what it means to me
Light refreshments will be provided. Call 8470 8063 to book or to arrange transport.
RSVP via Eventbrite
Eastern Metro Region World Elder Abuse Awareness Day 2019 Event
- No EXCUSE for Elder Abuse, and,
- Together WE can STOP Elder Abuse.
Networking opportunities and morning tea will follow the presentation and panel discussion.
Protecting your own future
- Power of Attorney
- Maintaining positive family relationships and friendship networks
- Positive and healthy ageing.
Bookings are essential. Book via Eventbrite, or contact Tracey Bolitho – phone 8587 0142 or email email@example.com.