The Department of Health and Human Services in partnership with Seniors Rights Victoria invite you to join their
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day live stream webinar
Monday 15 June 2020
10.30 am – 12.15 pm
The webinar will provide an opportunity to hear from our keynote speaker on the need to address elder abuse particularly during and post the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Seniors Rights Victoria will facilitate a panel discussion through a case study, focusing on best practice during the pandemic from a prevention and response perspective and there will be an opportunity to ask questions of the panel members.
The Hon. Gabrielle Williams MP, Minister for Prevention of Family Violence
The Hon. Luke Donnellan MP, Minister for Disability, Ageing and Carers
Professor Joseph Ibrahim, MBBS, GradCHE, PhD FAFPHM, FRACP
Joseph is a Professor at the Department of Forensic Medicine, Monash University, Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine where he is head of the Health Law and Ageing Research Unit, an Adjunct Professor at Australian Centre for Evidence Based Aged Care, La Trobe University, and a practising senior consultant specialist in geriatric medicine with over 30 years experience. Joseph’s ongoing research is investigating approaches to reducing harm to older persons living in Residential Aged Care Services, improving quality of life and ensuring proper clinical and medical care standards are maintained and practiced.
Joseph is also a producer, co-writer and narrator of three short films about ethical issues facing health professionals when providing care for persons with dementia and ageing.
Gerard Mansour, Commissioner for Senior Victorians and
Ambassador for Elder Abuse Prevention
Gary Ferguson, Education Co-ordinator, Seniors Rights Victoria
Toni Law, Advocacy Co-ordinator, Seniors Rights Victoria
Tina Douvos Stathopoulos, CEO, Pronia
Natasha Powles, Senior Sergeant, WD1 Family Violence Training Officer, Centre for Family Violence, Victoria Police
Michelle Lord, Project Lead, Elder Abuse Prevention Network, Southern Melbourne Primary Care Partnership
Dr. Caroline Fisher, Allied Health Advisor – Psychology, Family Safety Team and Research Lead, Clinical Neuropsychologist, Melbourne Health
Register for this event
Register for free to attend this webinar via Eventbrite by clicking here.
Once you register you will receive the link to join the webinar in your confirmation email just click on the arrow on the online event page
- The webinar is streamed on teams. If you do not currently use teams please refer to the attachment, How to Join a Teams Broadcast
- Participants are asked to log in from 10.15 am for the start of the webinar at 10.30 am.
- All participants will automatically be muted at the beginning of the session to reduce any external noise and distractions.
- You can submit a question at Slido.com (using event code #WEAAD) during the event in response to the Panel discussion.
- During the event, you will be able to vote on which questions you’d most like answered. Questions with the most ‘thumbs up’ will go to the top of the list.
- A facilitator will moderate the questions raised via Slido and select common question themes and give them priority.
- You will receive a feedback survey to complete at the end of the webinar.
- If you don’t manage to register in time, the URL link to the webinar is https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NGYzYWE4ZWMtYTMzZC00NzMxLWJhM2ItMGIyNDU4YTA5Njgw%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22c0e0601f-0fac-449c-9c88-a104c4eb9f28%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2256e2bc94-5b75-4f4d-9705-65fe279c0a4f%22%2c%22IsBroadcastMeeting%22%3atrue%7d
10.30 am Welcome and acknowledgement of country by Gerard Mansour, Commissioner for Senior Victorians and Ambassador for Elder Abuse Prevention
10.40 am Opening addresses by Minister for Disability, Ageing and Carers the Hon. Luke Donnellan MP
10.45 am Keynote speaker address by Professor Joseph Ibrahim
11:05 am Introduction of the panel members and case study discussion
11.50 am Questions from Slido
12.10 pm Closing address: Minister for Prevention of Family Violence the Hon. Gabrielle Williams MP.
12.15 pm Wrap-up by Gary Ferguson, Education Co-ordinator, Seniors Rights Victoria
We look forward to your participation and encourage you to disseminate this invitation to colleagues and key stakeholders that may be interested in this event.
For more information, please email email@example.com.