- This event has passed.
Free Level 1 training: Recognising and responding to suspected elder abuse – two sessions to be live streamed in June!
June 18, 2020 - June 29, 2020
Presented by Monash Health in conjunction with the Bouverie Centre.
Funded by DHHS as part of the Integrated Model of Care for Responding to Suspected Elder Abuse.
Session 1: Thursday 18th June, 1.00pm to 4.00pm
Session 2: Monday 29th June, 10.00am to 1.00pm
Where: Live streamed to your desktop computer, laptop, tablet or other mobile device.
This interactive workshop is designed to assist workers to more confidently:
- Recognise elder abuse – the risk factors, types and signs
- Respond sensitively to older people at risk of, or experiencing elder abuse, & their carers/family
- Know the types of services available and make appropriate referrals.
Who should attend:
Hospital and community services staff, including allied health, nursing and medical personnel, assessment workers, care coordinators, case managers, mental health workers and community support staff, etc.
Duration: 3 hours
This workshop builds on The Victorian Government’s elder abuse prevention online training module – http://elderabuseprevention.e3learning.com.au . It is recommended that participants complete the online training prior to attending.
- Desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device
- Internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- While not essential, a webcam or HD webcam may enhance training experience
How to register:
Click on the “Confirm registration” button after submitting your initial details.
You will receive a message on the screen that states “Thank you for registering” and a confirmation email when your application has been lodged successfully.
Questions about the training? Please direct your enquiries to:
Michelle Wills on p) 8481 4825, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm or e) email@example.com