- This event has passed.
Communities working together in the prevention of Elder Abuse
June 15, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
An invitation to participate in the North East Victorian workshop discussing Elder Abuse in our regional Communities.
It is our hope to raise awareness and have a dialogue concerning Elder Abuse, in commemoration of World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD). Our aim is that we as a community group be a catalyst for change and prevention of abuse to our older Australians.
The workshop will presented by Maria Berry, Health Consumer Representative and Founder of Communities of Respect .
Points of interactive discussion will include:
- Ageism -what does it look like, is it in our communities?
- Are we valuing & respecting our older community members?
- Elder Abuse in regional Australia
- Support networks in North East Victoria
- What are people doing now? What can we do, better together?
Older Persons Advocacy Network Educator, Maree Montgomery will be joining in on the day talking about Elder Abuse.
Please join us for morning tea, a great opportunity to reflect on WEAAD. RSVP via Eventbrite.