- This event has passed.
City of Whittlesea WEAAD 2020 Activities
June 15, 2020 - June 19, 2020
Stir A Cuppa for Seniors
The City of Whittlesea is holding a ‘Stir a Cuppa for Seniors’ – a virtual purple tea session for our staff, with a guest speaker, on Wednesday 17 June from 10.30 am to 11 am. Staff to wear something purple
The Ageing Well department will also commemorate WEAAD and also host a ‘Purple Morning Tea’ on Monday 15 June, 11.00 – 11.15. Staff are to wear purple and stand up for a cuppa, in their own cubicle (and adhere to social distancing measures )
‘The Special Senior Person in my Life’
Positive messages about seniors in our lives on https://www.facebook.com/WhittleseaUnites/
Finish the sentence poster ‘We can stop elder abuse by…’ https://www.facebook.com/CityOfWhittlesea
The Facebook banner will also be changed to purple colour from 15 – 19 June.
Live exercise classes via Facebook
(CoW and TRAC partnership). Exercise Instructors will acknowledge WEAAD on Monday 15 June. https://www.facebook.com/WhittleseaUnites/
Classes are streamed live Monday to Friday, 10.00am – 10.40am.
Other WEAAD activities
- CoW Web News story linking to resources and supports for those who need help. https://www.whittlesea.vic.gov.au/
- An article on elder abuse prevention in Staff Matters staff newsletter on June 12.
- Information on WEAAD on CoW Hub rotator and the Special senior person in my life on virtual wall.
- Five Elder Abuse Case Studies highlighting each of the different forms of Elder Abuse will rotate on CoW Hub and Cow Facebook page/Website.
- A Twitter post on June 15: Today is WEAAD – we can stop elder abuse @seniorsRights #WEAAD https://twitter.com/CityWhittlesea