- This event has passed.
Free Live Online Training: Responding To Elder Abuse
June 15 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
1.00pm to 4.00pm
Monday June 15th, 2020
~ 3 CPD HOURS ~
Presented by The Bouverie Centre, in partnership with the SWC&RSN Elder Abuse Prevention Network
This interactive workshop is designed to assist health, aged care and community practitioners respond when elder abuse is suspected or disclosed.
Build your confidence to:
- Recognise the signs and understand the complexities of elder abuse
- Apply the principles of person-centred, family inclusive practice to communicate with the older person about the abuse and, as appropriate, their family members and carers
- In collaboration with the older person and guided by their wishes, plan appropriate follow up and/or referral
- Respond when an older person does not want to take any action in relation to the abuse
- Understand your responsibilities in reporting suspected elder abuse
Who should participate?
Anyone working directly with older people. For example, in home care, assessment services, aged care, carer and family support, social work, nursing, allied health, housing, legal and accounting businesses, AOD, family violence, mental health, etc
LIVE STREAMED VIA ZOOM
Log in details to follow upon registration
- Desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device
- Internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built‐in or
- USB plug‐in or wireless Bluetooth
- While not essential, a webcam or HD webcam may enhance training experience
This workshop builds on The Victorian Government’s elder abuse prevention online training module so participants are encouraged to complete the online training prior to attending.
TO REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOP:
Click on the following link or copy and paste it into the address bar in your web browser
- Follow the prompts to enter in your details and click on the “Finalise Registration” button.
- Check over your details and click on the “Confirm registration” button
Contact Michelle Wills
e) firstname.lastname@example.org or
p) 03 8481 4800
This free training is funded by Department of Health and Human Services.
Certificates will be provided upon completion of the training.